Custom Hip Roof Framing
Plans, Designs and Illustrations
$12 for complete custom plans and images
The Hip Roof Framing "Rafter Plans" include the following:
- Ridge boards using 1 1/2" materials
- Common and Jack Rafters with diagonal cut lengths for 2x12, 2x10, 2x8, 2x6, and 2x4 materials. Change material size by changing the "HAP" figure we provide
- Hip Rafters using 1 1/2" Hip material or 1 3/4" LVL beam
- Rafter layout at 16" on centers
- 8 different overhang sizes — 6", 12", 16", 20", 24", 28", 32" or 36" with (cut lengths)
- Hip roof framing detail figures 1-17 for your particular Pitch Roof to save you time!
For special applications ask for a free price quote.
How to order your hip roof framing plans
Send me an and tell me the following:
- Desired Roof Pitch
- Building Size (length and Width)
Regular pitch hip roof drawings (see below) are included in your order and sent to your email address in PDF format so you can print them out to carry to the job site.
Custom plan styles are given for examples since I do not sell plans pre drawn, all plans are custom drawn to client specifications.
For instructions on how to design a hip roof yourself see our Hip Roof Framing page.
Figure #1 - First Common Rafter
Figure #2 - Hip roof Corner Section
Figure #3 - Hip Roof Rafter
Figure #4 - Jack Rafter Lengths
Figure #5 - Complete Hip Roof Section
Figure #5b - Hip Roof with 45 degree Corners
Figure #6 - Hip Rafter Side Cut
Figure #7 - Jack Rafter Side Cut
Figure #8 - Plywood Cut Angle
Figure #9 - Building Notes
Figure #10 - Building Notes
Figure #11 - Typical Ceiling Joist and Rafter Layout
Figure #12 - Typical Regular Pitch Roof Plan
Figure #13 - Rafter Overhang
Figure #14 - Rafter Overhang
Figure #15 - Diagonal Rafter Length Change - see figure 10
Figure #16 - Diagonal Rafter Length Change - see figure 10
Figure #17 - Diagonal Rafter Length Change - see figure 10